Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4

 Oh, it is becoming rapidly clear that there are a few reasons I keep losing my focus and my momentum.

1. I stop doing things. I had been on a roll with my photo stationary back in August and September. Then I took time off in October when my dad passed. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Then I went on a 10 day excursion for a conference, including a couple days off for vacation. Also reasonable things to do.  The problem is, now I am trying to get back to where I was and I can't just pick up where I left off. My office was a mess, and without going into detail, there have been other issues, too. I never have this type of problem at my 9-5. But then again, I am at my 9-5 almost everyday and using my tools of the trade almost every day for that 9-5.  If I am ever to get where I am going, I need to do the same here.  Commitment! Just do it. Even when there is not an order to process, use the tools! Practice, craft, create.

2.  Once I get rolling again, I get inspired. Then I get excited and thoughts start coming in from every angle. My mind won't shut off and I begin to feel consumed. I want to try every new idea at once and I begin to feel derailed. Focus! Usually problems come because I don't want to forget something. I think I will use 3 x 5 cards to write down key ideas I want to try, later, and put them in an idea box. 

3. Doing too much is a problem, too. As much as I need to "just do it," I don't/shouldn't do everything all the time. I have said I would give this one to two hours a day for now, and I am spending considerably more than that. It is important to look at other blogs, read about blogging, do my class (I am really bad at doing this), write in my blog, work on my stationary, ...., YET the time spent on these things needs to be divided up better. I need to schedule my time and stick to it. I do it at work, I should be able to do it here. I have two hours a day at the most. Prioritize!  Decide each day what will get me where I need to be and stick to it.

Well, there you have if for today. Three things that will hopefully help me with the rest of my 21 Day Challenge, and with my future business.

No comments: