Monday, August 16, 2010

Let it Unfold...continued

I may not be writing in my blog everyday, but I am doing something every day.  I have been sitting with my ideas and stirring things around.  Each time I stir, I find a new scenario to sit with and feel  what life with that particular scenario might be like.  I am asking some tough questions to guide my way.  Two of my favorite questions I ask myself when I am trying to make big decisions that will effect my life, and those I love are;

1. When all is said and done and I am at the end of my life, who will I want around me? What memories and values will I hope to leave with those I love? What regrets of things done/not done might I have?  What would I hope people say about me? What stories would they share? (this is really one BIG question).
2. If money and time were no object, what would I be doing?

I don't want to get so caught up in things that I lose track of who, and what, is most important in my life. I would like my greatest successes in life to be my relationships with my family and friends. If I listen carefully to my heart, and head, I believe my business can have that level of success as well, and add to my personal relationships. And if I walk my business path with integrity and have passion for what I do, I believe that some degree of financial success with also follow.

The first question helps to keep me from getting lost, the second helps me to prioritize.  There are things in my plan that are included as ways to support the rest, or to bring in a little more income, hopefully.  I am not sure I would do these things if I didn't have to.  Although, I believe these things I hold in question have value, I also believe they are secondary and supportive.   Then there are the things I really want to do which should take the majority of my time and focus.  I realize this is vague to the reader.  I am not sure the detail is as necessary for me to share as the process.  It is a work in progress and there is still some stirring to be done.

Now that I am closer to knowing where to put my greater energies, I have another question I am stirring around.  Do I quit my full time job and pray for the best.  Or, do I stay as long as I can while my business gets started.  The obvious benefit of staying with the job is the full time pay.  The downside is that I work nights, weekends, weekdays.  My hours are quite flexible and all have to fit into a 40 hour work week.  Then I have home and family time and all that entails.  And I am spending time each week with my parents who live in another town. I also hope to have a little downtime here and there.  So my time to invest in this business is quite fragmented to say the least.  I do know I have many options and I am confident I will know what to do when the time comes.

I have registered for two more online classes that I hope will move me closer to my goal, both personally and professionally.

So, there you have it for today, doing something everyday and letting it all unfold.  I am not in a hurry, yet have my eyes on the calendar.

No comments: