Monday, August 2, 2010

The Gift of Friends

Anchor Point, Alaska 6/10  by me, Lyn Drathring

Just thought I'd start us out with a picture tonight. 
I am needing to rise above and see the big picture before I get lost in the minutia.
I got a report from my site counter today and was thrilled to learn that there have been quite a few visits.  Honestly, I was feeling a bit lonely at first.  I have had a little trouble getting my comments window to work.  Happily it seems to be working now, mostly.  I have really enjoyed hearing comments from some of those great people in my life.  Maybe someday, more people will drop in for coffee.

I have yet to really get into the nitty gritty of my life/work change questions and issues.  (I am using learning about the blog to sidetrack the topic).  No, maybe that is not a fair statement, since running a blog, or several, is actually part of the hoped for bigger plan.   One thing I know I need is a plan, that and to actually follow the plan. I can see how one can get easily distracted or off task.  I plan on taking one or two more online courses, one about crafting a business plan (ugh, sounds so boring, but necessary), and the other on travel writing (definitely part of the plan). Truthfully, I generally plan on the go. Even when I have a solid plan down in writing it often changes as I move through the it.  A plan is really just a guideline anyway, isn't it?!

For now I feel blessed by the support and encouragement of friends.  Speaking of support and friends, I added a web links list tonight and my first entry is to the website of a good friend and very talented quilt artisan, not to mention a great photographer, too.  I hope you stop in for a visit at ABBY-Q and view all the amazingly beautiful quilts and bags she has crafted.

I also added the online learning site I use.  The other new thing tonight, although it isn't showing up yet, is a favorites list for books, movies, etc.  I really love books and have many I would like to share with you.  It will be tough to thin the list. One I was going to start with, I can't find.  I am not sure I have the title just right and I don't have the author.  So I'll put it here for now,  Repacking Your Bags for the Rest of Your Life.  This is a book I found and used back in the '90s, I think.  It was essential at that time when I was making some other life choices about school and work.  Hmmm, is this a trend?  I'll save that discussion for another day.

Thank you my friends for stopping by.  I am so glad you are with me on this journey.

3 comments:

gloria said...

Hey Lyn,

This is working well, don't you think? Good for you! It's fun connecting this way. Now I have something to look forward to every morning when I check my computer. I put the wedsite under my favorites, so that makes it easy to get to. (I'm learning-ha). Gene even read your blog yesterday. Love you!

Gloria

melinda said...

Wow Lyn, this is really coming along well, I am so proud of you!! I am waiting for you to start on some of your goodies that you showed us...how is that coming. Well, I need to get another cup of coffee. Love you!

Lyn said...

Hi Melinda,
Thank you for stopping in to take a look. I am glad you like it. I have just started another online class to better learn how to use my Photoshop Elements. Then, I hope to move forward with my photo goodies. I will absolutely let everyone know when I have something ready!
Love ya,
Lyn