Sunday, August 1, 2010

Do Something Every Day

Do Something Every Day.  This is my new mantra for learning how to blog, and other things.

On today's 'to do list' was to add a site counter and to learn how to add pictures.  Site counter completed, I moved on to the picture.  As you can see from the picture of the beautiful Swallowtail butterflies on the Joe Pye, I was successful.  These are both Tiger Swallowtail butterflies. According to my field guide, the darker one is a female.  I took the picture, and many others, the other evening in my backyard.  Every now and then they would take to the sky in a beautiful swirling dance, then return to the Joe Pye. It was quite an unexpected gift as I had just by chance looked out my kitchen window.  Not one to let the moment pass, I grabbed my camera and headed out the door.

I am also planning on adding a list of favorites and links.  And I may get rid of the quotes, like the quotes, not the ads.  However, I do plan to link up to Amazon and a few other things like that.  I mention this because one of the first links I am going to put in is an online site for online classes.  I have recently taken two classes and plan to take others.  I took a grammar 101 in preparation for putting my writing where someone might actually see it.  And I took a digital photography primer.  I have been using a digital SLR for a few years, but I wanted to get a feel for how the online classes work and also to review some of the basics. I liked the classes and will be taking more. So, I'll try to get the website into a sidebar. 

On another note, I drove into work early this morning in a light layer of fog that covered the hills down to the river near where I work.  I noticed geese gathering in the fields already, also flocks of blackbirds.  Could it be they are already preparing for southerly migrations?  Thinking of them brings to mind the transitions I am working through, or toward.  But, I am keeping this post short tonight as I have already spent considerable time on the computer trying to figure out the site counter thing.   I had my morning coffee at work today and am about to go spend some time with my family.

4 comments:

whitey said...

Hi Lyn, I'm new to this blogging thing to. I'm already stumped. Can't find where to sign up. But I'll figure it out. I'm so excited for you starting this venture. You're an excellent writer & look forward to following your thoughts, observations, etc.
See you Wednesday & look forward to what you will have to say in the coming weeks.

gloria said...

This is my second attempt to comment, so hope it works. You did it! This is so exciting. This is a wonderful adventure to share with others. You have so much to give and our lives can be brighter with the insight you have to share.

Your friend,
Gloria

Lyn said...

Sue, thank you for your nice words and encouragement. I think to follow you just hit the follow button. I don't have a 'sign up' button on here. Or just come back now and then.
Two days and counting. See you soon. Lyn

Lyn said...

Gloria,
It worked! YEA! This is just one more way we get to have our cup of coffee together, no matter how far away. Miss you my friend. Glad you figured out the comment thing.
Lyn