Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grab a Cup of Coffee and Join Me

Welcome to my blog. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me.

This is my first blogging adventure and I must admit I am a bit nervous. I stressed thinking about what to call my blog until it occured to me that anything related to coffee would work for me. I have had some wonderful morning moments gently greeting the new day with my full coffee cup in hand. More importantly, there have been deep, powerful conversations as well as a few lighthearted silly conversations, all with coffee cup in hand and someone else sharing the coffee pot. So Coffee Time it is!

I was about to write that I am not blogging to sit by myself in those quiet coffee moments, but to invite you to a conversation. However, I believe I am blogging for both. I have journaled for years and realize the power and clarity that can be experienced from getting thoughts, writings, and/or emotions onto paper, or blog, where you can "see" them. So this is a blog for me to enjoy the quiet moments AND it is to invite you to into conversation.

I have enjoyed, usually, walking many pathways in my life and am in the process of trying to decide on another. Nothing dramatic, just different from where I am now. There will be plenty of time for that discussion next time, and beyond. And somewhere in the process of discerning where I am going, I imagine there will be some looking to see where I have been and a little of this and day from the day to day.

But for now, I am wondering what kind of coffee cup do you prefer? Just like my life pathways have been varied and many, I enjoy many types of cups. It all depends on the day, the place, the statement I choose to make that day, etc. I have an Alaska mug I use when I want to remember the wild places in my life. (you will learn I am nuts about nature) There is a softly colored seashell mug I use for relaxing mornings. There are a few chipped mugs I use now and then, too. They remind me I don't have to be perfect, it's ok to have a little character. There are others, but you get the idea. So, what kind of cup, or mug, do you prefer-and why?

                                     
One last thing, I really have no idea what I am doing with setting up a blog. So please be patient if I change things around now and then while it gets figured out. There is a plan and it looks good in my head, we will just have to wait and see if it also looks good on the page.

I am a cup is half full kind of person, but empy is empty, or an opportunity to get a refill. Right now it is time to walk another path, so empty is how it will stay. There will be another pot of coffee on tomorrow and I always keep an empty chair for visitors.
Lyn

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you Lyn. This is a new beginning. Yes, sometimes it will be scary, but it is also a great adventure. Thanks for starting this blog so we can take the journey with you.

I love coffee too and can't wait to sit down with you next week over a hot cup of coffee to chat about this new endeavor. Good luck to you!

Love, Ab

Lyn said...

Thanks, Ab. You are one of my inspirations! I just love how your quilting business is taking off. Of course, it's no wonder with your talent. See you soon.
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyn, What an exciting adventure to be sure. I like the coffee theme, it agrees with me as well. I love a good cup of coffee, sitting outside with a ray of sunlight on me, listening to the birds in the morning. I always take something to read, but always close my eyes and enjoy the moment, at least for a moment. I love my green frog mug, which my mom sent to me in Afghanistan, definitely a fave. I love my Gevalia Creme Brulee flavored coffee and classic roast with cinnamon sprinkled on top of the grounds...with half and half, sugar and stevia!

I look forward to more posts! Patti (Gloria C's daughter)

Lyn said...

Hi Patti,
I am so glad you visited, and helped your mom visit, too. :-)
I know what you mean about enjoying the moment. Thanks for sharing your favorite cup and coffee choice.
Lyn

ellynvictoria said...

I have a zoo animal mug that I prefer with tea (honey chamomile) because it's small, and a mug with it's own attached spoon for any plain ol' coffee with flavored creamer.