Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Visitors and Statistics


Numbers and Places
I love stats!  Who knew?  I must say that I do not get very many comments on this blog so my site counter and the stats from my blog tell me not only how many people have stopped by for a visit, but what country they live in.  That is so exciting to me.  So far I have people from 9 countries who have visited my blog and I have topped over 500 visits. Although, I believe at least half of those might be mine from checking in daily and doing general blog maintenance.

A Confession
Now, I believe when I began this blog I said it was for me to journal my process of redesigning my career and beginning a new business from scratch, along with the day to day of life.  And it is. That doesn't mean I don't want and enjoy having visitors stop in.  Truthfully, if I was writing totally just for me, I would journal in a notebook. I have realized that I was hoping for more visitors and feedback. I do, after all, have a full coffee pot on, figuratively speaking.   I was hoping for company.

Comments 
So, here it is.  Talk to me!  I know I am not the only person new to blogging or working on creating a new business-or who have ever been new to blogging or creating a new business.  I can't be the only 50something person in transition and trying to figure out what is next.  If you can relate to something I have said or have a suggestion for an idea or solution to a problem, I would love to hear from you. If you have had a similar situation/experience to something I might have written about, I would love to hear how you handled it.  I could really stand to hear some success stories....and even some struggle stories, especially if they ended successfully. 

Shameless Request
There you have it.  I really appreciate the comments that have been left.  I have wonderful friends.  I appreciate those I do not know who have stopped by and I am asking that those who do not know me, yet, also drop me a note to say "Hi" and tell me what you think about my blog, about something I have said, about something you would like me to talk about....   If you have a blog, let me know. I will stop by and say "Hi" to you.  I should really be visiting more blogs anyway to enrich and expand my knowledge of blogging. Come on! Let's support each other.

So until next time, talk with you later!
Lyn

4 comments:

ellynvictoria said...

I feel like my comments don't count. But i'll keep it up if youd like.

Lyn said...

Of course your comments count, Ellie. I like to hear what you have to say. So if you got one, comment away.

sarasue said...

Yeah, that's what I kind of think to. Not just that, I don't have alot to contribute. But I really do enjoy your blog. I'll try to contribute more in the future

Lyn said...

Comments help me know I'm not sitting alone here with my coffee pot. I appreciate even the shortest of them. And others can comment on other's comments, too. Pretty soon, there may be a whole conversation going on here. Well, one can hope, right? Right. :0)